How to achieve physical fitness and break away from the
great American diet is my first article in a belt-tightening series. There have
been many books and articles written on this important topic. Since I am a
goals and fitness oriented guy, I am going to jump into this one up to my big
brown eyes! My goal here is to begin to convince my readers to start a safe and
sensible food program.
I dislike the word “diet”, so I sometimes use the term “food program”. I am not going to try to convince you to live on “rabbit food” the rest of your life. However, you will find a fair amount of green vegetables in my Sensible Food Plan-but prepared with a very tasty combination of tantalizing ingredients! Let’s talk about the solutions to achieving physical fitness, and focus on positive methods to get back to a healthy weight. I’m proposing a combination of exercise and my sensible food plan, that when followed will lead most people to a slow but steady loss of weight.
Stay away from high fat fast foods, check out the fat and
carbohydrate levels in a burger and fries next time you are in one. It’s going
to put excess pounds on you and fast! I discovered during my quest to maintain
a healthy weight range was to select a plate that is in a medium size range. I
found myself eating less volume of food if the plate was around 9 inches in
diameter. Another trick is to cut down on snacks between meals. This can be
accomplished by two methods: first, don’t take the package of snacks into the
living room, instead pour a modest amount into a smaller bowl or plate. Second,
consider substituting a vegetable or fruit you enjoy instead of chips or
cookies. It is paramount that you cut down on fat and carbohydrates, I will dig
deeper into this in my next article.
Deciding to eat better has helped me to get on the road to achieve physical fitness. These small changes will make a big difference in your overall food intake over the first three months of my food program. Keep yourself accountable, weigh in at home at the same time of day every three days, then write it down on your calendar. Now you have taken the first steps to achieving physical fitness. Remember my message to you, “If You Believe You Will Achieve” always if you take action.
Eating healthy food not only improves our fitness level, but also brings about a feeling of general well being. Our body feels lighter, we feel more energetic, and diseases are kept at bay which is the way to live life to the fullest. What more reasons do we want for switching to a healthy diet plan? Every part of the body requires different nutrients and this is the basic of eating healthy. Overall, we require more than 40 kinds of nutrients for growth and development. Obviously, not all these nutrients can be obtained from a single food group if you plan on eating healthy. We have to incorporate a variety of foods into our diet. These can broadly be categorized into five food groups: fruits, vegetables, cereals, poultry and fish, and dairy products.
Eating across the food groups ensures that we get the required amounts of protein, carbohydrates, fat, vitamins, and minerals. What kind of a diet we follow depends on certain factors such as age, sex, and the kind of activity we engage in daily. The requirements of a teenage boy will differ from those an elderly man. A sportsman will require a different diet from say, an office worker. A college going girl will have different requirements than a housewife, and so on. But in all cases, there are certain basic requirements that have to be met. Dairy products such as milk, cheese, and yogurt are rich sources of calcium that aid bone development. Fruits and vegetables are rich in vitamins and nutrients. They are also good for our skin, eyes and hair. Cereals and pulses provide us with protein, which is the building block of cells for healthy eating. They also help in the development of muscle mass.
Always drink lots of water, as water cleanses our body and flushes out toxins. It is also known to boost metabolism and helps us digest food faster. Moreover, if we drink lots of water, it will make us feel full, and therefore, make us limit our food intake. Shift from flour bread to whole wheat or brown bread. Oatmeal is also a very good eating healthy option. It consists of carbohydrates and fat soluble fibers that fight cholesterol and give us energy. Soups are very healthy because they are the perfect combination of solids and liquids. It nourishes us and is a good snack before meals. Kids hate broccoli, but this vegetable is a good source of calcium and vitamin C and have to fight off certain cancers. Vitamin C helps our body absorb calcium and also has certain phytochemicals that are important for our immune system, which fights the onslaught of diseases.
Adopt a balanced diet plan to make yourself fitter and stronger. Weight loss should not be your only goal, but should be a byproduct of our aim to become fit. Eat right and exercise well- this is the mantra and big part of eating healthy and living well. Eating healthy requires focus and paying attention to the food you are putting on your plate and into your stomach. Don’t be fooled by advertisements that promise a thinner waistline in just 15 days; instead, choose a diet plan that will make your body strong by eating healthy. Do not let your body suffer the consequences of short term goals. If your body is weak, you will fall prey to many lifestyle diseases.
Always incorporate exercise into your lifestyle. Exercise and dieting will work wonders. Exercise can be anything that elevates your heart rate for at least 20 minutes at a time, that is done at least 3 times per week. Exercise for you might be running, walking, running, or doing exercises that you would do at a gym. Whatever you choose to do as your exercise make sure you stick to a regular routine of working out because will do wonders to your body, mind and soul.
Check out some of the exercises that are below that I enjoy doing from time to time, along with other exercise. They will help to firm and tone your body, and give you tons of energy to do the things that you need to do daily; not to mention all the health benefits you get from exercising and the physical improvements to your overall appearance.
Always check with your physician before starting any exercise program. Check to make sure that you are healthy enough to engage in physical exercise first. Now if you’re already exercising or have been exercising then jump right in and incorporate some of these exercises into your workout plan and eating healthy plan.
These exercises I’ll cover will primarily be for the mid-section. As you may already know the midsection is one of the hardest body part to train, it takes the longest to see results and the results from your hard work can disappear rather quickly if you revert back to not exercising and eating poorly. The midsection has to be trained fairly regularly along with eating the right type of low-fat food to maintain a flat stomach, or else it will be as if you had never even trained it prior. So dedication, dedication, and dedication.
There are tons of exercises, these are just a few of them to get you started on trimming the fat off your stomach. Also, be aware that you can’t lose fat in just one section of your body only. Weight loss will take place over your entire body when you diet and exercise. However, you can emphasize the results of some areas a bit more, but your overall body will lose weight not just your hips, thighs or stomach. Your can sculpt your body and manipulate the results greatly based on the exercises and frequency that you choose to do. With that in mind you can practically build your dream body gradually.
Do you know there are few healthy foods that can completely ruin your fast weight loss diet plan? Healthy foods are sometime not really healthy if not eaten in the correct way. Read further to know these 5 healthy foods and why they are no healthier for your weight loss quest if not taken in a right manner.
1) Salads: It is quiet strange to know that salads can be harmful for your fast weight loss plan. It is because salad is something which is difficult for most of the people to gulp it down their throat. So in order to make it tasty what they do is load their healthy salads with dressing of mayonnaise, sweeteners, other preservatives and lots of salt contains harmful sodium. Instead, putting a light dressing of olive oil, lemon juice or garlic could be a better choice.
2) Fruit juice or drinks: I think it is not required to emphasis the importance of eating raw fruits as compared to fruit juices. When a fruit is converted into fruit juice, it loses a lot of minerals and vitamins. Moreover, the fruit juice we get in the restaurant contains almost 80 grams of sugar preservatives and the juices are actually made of fruit pulp instead of fresh fruit. Therefore, we tend to gain more weight drinking fruit juices instead of losing weight. The right choice would be eating fresh fruits with their skin to get the most out of it.
3) Muffins: Muffins may look like a healthy option but in fact they are not. Muffins are loaded with sugar and refined flour. Each muffin has a good 500 calories hidden in it. So the right option would be a muffin made of whole wheat which is safer. An apple and a banana would be a healthier choice.
4) Cheese: Cheese is made of milk which contains the much needed protein and calcium. On the other hand, cheese is also full of fat. And the cheese we get in the market are processed ones with added salt and artificial flavors. The best choice is cheese such as feta or parmesan which are good for health.
5) Grains: It is a popular belief that when something contains cereals or is multi-grain, it is a healthy food. However if you check the label of the most of the food like bread or pasta, it merely contains refined grains such as white flour which is not a healthy options as compared to whole grains. The best way to avoid eating such unhealthy stuff is to avoid eating out and stop eating processed or tinned foods. The way to lead a fat free and a healthy lifestyle eat as fresh as possible; and consume food in the right manner with regards toppings used, portion size, number of meals, etc. Check out some of my books on healthy dieting and exercise tips. You can also sign up on the this website by entering your email, and access my top 50 exercise to transform your body in little time in the members area. You might just end up with the body you truly desire. You just never know.